Manager Structured Finance & Risk
Manager level position – Fast growing aircraft leasing industry – Dublin-based role for highly
driven candidates with relevant experience in the finance or leasing industry
Manager Structured Finance & Risk
(Start date: early 2022)
Headquartered in Dublin, FPG Amentum is a dedicated third-party provider of aircraft
investment management and advisory services to equity and debt investors in the aviation
sector and offers a full range of aircraft leasing services to airlines worldwide through its full-service leasing platform. Through its presences in Dublin and Hong Kong, FPG Amentum currently manages aircraft portfolios valued in excess of US$ 2.5bn. The company is majority owned by Tokyo stock exchange listed Financial Products Group Co., Ltd.
The Structured Finance & Risk team of the company is seeking a manager to support the team with the buy- and sell-side evaluation of aircraft trading transactions, the financial structuring of aircraft acquisitions in a global environment, the debt sourcing and the credit risk analysis of existing lessee customers and airline prospects. Responsibilities include:
- Prepare buy-side and sell-side valuations of aircraft trading activities.
- Support the structuring and evaluation of aircraft acquisition projects taking into account airline credit risk, asset specifications, lease tenor, debt funding costs, interest rate and jurisdictional risks.
- Analyse secondary lease placement opportunities.
- Assist in non-recourse debt raising activities for aircraft lease acquisition.
- Represent the lease structuring team in cross-functional transaction teams; make suitable structuring suggestions.
- Further develop and improve templates (e.g. standard debt term sheets, credit analysis papers, financial spreadsheets).
- Maintain and update internal databases of past trading activities and analyse trends derived from the available data.
- Monitor and report day-to-day industry updates, events and activities relevant to the company’s market presence.
- Prepare market summaries of airline markets including the analysis of the different players’ market position, strategic position vis-à-vis their competitors, and comparison to global market leaders active in the same segment.
- Liaise with internal departments to assist with the progression of transactions in accordance with the company’s processes & procedures.
- Preparation and review of internal deal committee papers.
- Additional duties assigned from time to time.
This is an ideal role for people who gained first experience in leasing companies or banks with lots of opportunities to progress for the individual. The role offers exposure to the structuring and analysis of commercial aircraft pricing and related activities including e.g. Credit Risk Analysis, Technical Maintenance Life Analysis, Aircraft Trading, Debt Negotiation, Legal, Contracts Management, Finance & Accounting and Tax. As such it offers a great opportunity
for a high calibre candidate to progress a career in the commercial aircraft leasing business.
- Bachelor (or higher) in Accounting, Quantitative Finance, Actuarial Studies or Business Administration with excellent academic results.
- Possess at least 2 years of solid relevant experience in a financial institution or in an aircraft lessor.
- Understanding of financial statement and cash flow analysis is advantageous
- Good understanding of investment theory/corporate finance
- Ideally have experience of operating lease, finance and sale and leaseback transactions;
- Have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with all levels of staff, external clients and service providers
- Commercial mind-set.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to adapt progressively, with enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity
- Proficiency in office IT software, especially in Microsoft Office applications
- Have high levels of energy and commitment with the ability to operate autonomously;
- Be able to communicate in a clear, concise and accurate manner;
- Attention to detail and to the overall quality of the final work product;
- Have strong organisation skills, including the ability to prioritise effectively to meet demanding timelines;
- Have a willingness and capability to travel sometimes on short notice;
- Be able to create and maintain strong relationships with key industry participants, such as airline customers, lenders, investors and lessor counterparties
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills a must.