FPG - Financial Products Group
- The company: Tokyo-headquartered Financial Products Group Co., Ltd. was founded in 2001 and is the largest JOLCO arranger in the Japanese market. The aggregate volume of JOL and JOLCO assets (aircraft, vessels and marine containers) arranged in FY 2018 was JPY 428 bn (US$ 3.8 bn). FPG is listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Sales network: FPG has a unique access to Japanese SMEs with investment requirements. FPG’s sales network across Japan includes 11 branches, business alliances with 133 financial institutions (regional banks and securities firms) and a total network of 4,272 partner firms (domestic accounting firms).
- Underwriting: As of September 2018, FPG has JPY 105 bn (US$ 960 m) of corporate revolving credit facilities from over 66 banks at its disposal to pre-finance/underwrite transactions
- Strategic partnership: FPG Amentum is the aircraft asset & operating lease manager within the group and closely works with FPG in the development, structuring, origination, management and divestment of Japanese Operating Lease (JOL) products.
- Shareholding: FPG holds 75% of the share capital of FPG Amentum, which it acquired in 2013 and 2015.
FPG Asset & Investment Management
- The company: FPG Asset & Investment Management is based in the Netherlands, with subsidiaries in Singapore and U.A.E. Founded in 2012, the company has arranged over US$ 11 bn of deals.
- Products: FPG AIM provides sourcing, structuring, arranging, M&A and advisory services to investors, banks and companies active in the aircraft, shipping, and marine container industries. On the asset based finance side FPG AIM is specialized in sourcing, arranging and structuring JOLCOs on aircraft, containers and vessels for companies outside Japan in conjunction with FPG.
- Asset finance experts: The team has a vast knowledge of structured asset financings and relationships with the leading banks in Asia, Europe, the Middle-East, Australia and the US.
- Strategic partnership: FPG AIM and FPG Amentum cooperate closely in the aircraft financing space, where FPG AIM covers JOLCO transactions and FPG Amentum covers JOL transactions.
- Shareholding: FPG AIM holds 5.26% of the share capital of FPG Amentum, which it acquired in 2015.