FPG - Financial Products Group
- The company: Tokyo-headquartered Financial Products Group Co., Ltd. was founded in 2001 and is the largest JOLCO arranger in the Japanese market. The aggregate volume of JOL and JOLCO assets (aircraft, vessels and marine containers) arranged in FY 2016 was JPY 379 bn (US$ 3.4 bn). FPG is listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Sales network: FPG has a unique access to Japanese SMEs with tax related investment requirements. FPG’s sales network across Japan includes 10 branches, business alliances with 110 financial institutions (regional banks and securities firms) and a total network of 2,814 partner firms (domestic accounting firms).
- Underwriting: As of September 2016, FPG has JPY 89 bn (US$ 783 m) of corporate revolving credit facilities from over 58 banks at its disposal to pre-finance/underwrite transactions
- Strategic partnership: FPG Amentum is the aircraft asset & operating lease manager within the group and closely works with FPG in the development, structuring, origination, management and divestment of Japanese Operating Lease (JOL) products.
- Shareholding: FPG holds 71.25% of the share capital of FPG Amentum, which it acquired in 2013 and 2015.
FPG Asset & Investment Management
- The company: FPG Asset & Investment Management is based in the Netherlands, with subsidiaries in Singapore and U.A.E. Founded in 2012, the company has arranged over US$ 4 bn of deals.
- Products: FPG AIM provides sourcing, structuring, arranging, M&A and advisory services to investors, banks and companies active in the aircraft, shipping, and marine container industries. On the asset based finance side FPG AIM is specialized in sourcing, arranging and structuring JOLCOs on aircraft, containers and vessels for companies outside Japan in conjunction with FPG.
- Asset finance experts: The team has a vast knowledge of structured asset financings and relationships with the leading banks in Asia, Europe, the Middle-East, Australia and the US.
- Strategic partnership: FPG AIM and FPG Amentum cooperate closely in the aircraft financing space, where FPG AIM covers JOLCO transactions and FPG Amentum covers JOL transactions.
- Shareholding: FPG holds 5% of the share capital of FPG Amentum, which it acquired in 2015.
Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale
- The company: Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale (Nord/LB) is headquartered in Hanover/Germany, with branches in London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai. The bank is one of the largest asset backed lending specialists in the aviation sector, with other significant activities in (among other) corporate banking, energy & infrastructure, real estate and shipping. Nord/LB has been active in aircraft finance for over 30 years and manages an aircraft loan book of approximately EUR 8 bn consisting of > 600 aircraft.
- Products: Nord/LB provides tailored aircraft financing solutions, including engine and portfolio financing to airlines and lessors globally.
- Strategic partnership: FPG Amentum is Nord/LB’s exclusive service provider in respect of aircraft repossession & remarketing as well as non-scheduled event services. Nord/LB and FPG Amentum also cooperate in the area of industry research & analysis.
- Shareholding: Nord/LB holds 5% of the share capital of FPG Amentum, which it acquired in 2016