Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, FPG Amentum is a specialist aircraft leasing, management and advisory firm offering a full range of services to equity and debt investors in the aviation sector.
FPG Amentum currently manages aircraft portfolios valued in excess of US$2bn on lease to 22 airlines. Majority owned by Tokyo stock exchange listed Financial Products Group Co., Ltd., the company is growing its aircraft leasing activities, particularly the arrangement and management of Japanese Operating Leases. Given our projected growth, FPG Amentum is seeking a Transaction Counsel to be based in either our Dublin or Hong Kong office.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Transaction Counsel will join the existing legal team and be responsible for the management of all legal aspects of transactions from letter of intent to final contract in relation to aircraft leasing, financing, servicing and sale and purchase agreements entered into by the company and its investors.
- reviewing, negotiating and finalising all transaction documents such as letters of intent, leasing, financing and security agreements, maintenance and servicing agreements, aircraft sale and purchase agreements and novation agreements;
- providing guidance on transaction structuring where required;
- ensuring all documentation is completed in a timely and efficient manner;
- managing external legal, tax and other professional advisors in all relevant jurisdictions and managing the associated costs;
- providing legal guidance in relation to all aircraft lease compliance and default issues, including lease restructuring and repossessions;
- assisting with the company’s corporate approval process;
- assisting with compliance matters, including the implementation of the company’s internal compliance and policies and procedures; and
- providing general support and assistance to the General Counsel
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing aircraft leasing company with a long-term commitment to the industry and would suit a high calibre candidate who seeks to further their career in aircraft leasing.
- be a qualified solicitor or barrister with a minimum 3 years post qualification experience in aviation including time spent in law firm specialising in aviation or in an aircraft lessor;
- have experience of operating lease, finance and sale and leaseback transactions;
- have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with all levels of staff, customers and service providers;
- be commercially astute with high levels of energy and commitment and the ability to operate autonomously and lead projects;
- have meticulous attention to detail and be able to draft in a clear, concise and accurate manner;
- have strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise effectively to meet demanding timelines;
- have strong negotiating skills and the ability to assume a leadership role in the negotiation and closing of transactions;
- be able to create and maintain strong relationships with key industry participants, such as airline customers, financiers, investors, OEMs, MROs and lessor counterparties; and
- have a willingness and capability to travel sometimes on short notice.
Application: Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Transaction Counsel” in the subject line.